Overview of the shoot
By using the my storyboards, shot lists, the clients input and our creativity, I feel that the shoot was very successful. We used our time wisely to get the shots we had planned to get, and several more for example, creative looking shots by using a dolly.
The equipment we used for the shoot was the same as the sales video to keep the consistency. This included using a Canon C100, tripod, dolly rails and an LED panel. Josh had booked two large LED panels out before hand but the camera shop within the university didn’t provide this on the morning of the shoot. To overcome this, we had to only use the one light and tweak the settings within the camera such as exposure and luminance. Luckily, the warehouse we were filming in is already well lit which we were previously aware of and were prepared for any mishaps.
As discussed on an earlier post, the roles for this shoot was for me to direct and Josh to camera operate. We followed this structure, but as there was very little to film for the training video, we both had a large input into how the video was shot. We both filmed due to being let down last week when the filming was initially planned. We only had one day to film so we felt team-work and communication would help this project effectively.
Myself and Josh will be both creating an edit each of both items 2 and 3 so the client has several edits to choose from.