Feedback from Project 4 and how I can use it to make myself better for project 5;
Good amount of blog posting
This is something I will have no trouble doing as I am now used to reflecting on my work to make sure I am aware of what I am doing, what needs changing and how to keep pushing myself to get better.
Good design process
Something which was heavily influenced during the course of the project, which I feel would be a little tougher to do during project 5, as the clients are very set on what they want. However, it will be important for me to show my creative thinking and processes during this project such as, camera techniques, video compression for web, video editing, experimentation, planning etc.
Due to project 5 being a group project, it will be very important to underline what part of the project I have worked on by blogging regularly outlining my work.
High quality work
I believe project 5 will be successful as I have experience working with the other two students. I believe they are reliable and we all know what we have to do for C-Tex and our roles are clear.
Attention to detail could have been better
This would be a case of looking through the work thoroughly between the group to determine any errors before sending the work to the clients. Meeting the students in my group regularly will be important to overcome this issue I had during project 4.
To see if my designs worked and made a positive impact (making millennials more aware of Greenall’s Gin), I surveyed several 17-25 year olds. Before showing them my posters, coasters and mobile app, 92.8% said they have never purchased the gin. When asked about Greenall’s competitors, London Dry Gin was the most popular in terms of what brand they had heard of the most (91.67%). Coming in at second most popular was Beefeater. After seeing my designs, 42.86% of those asked said Greenall’s Gin is now somewhat favorable over other brands of gin and 28.57% saying it is very and extremely favorable. Here are all of results from the respondents;
Following on from the most recent tutorial session in university, it was pointed out that there were a few spelling mistakes within my app design. Since the feedback, I have made the changes and re -exported the video. I also added more colour grading to the footage to make it more appealing to the eye.
The initial marketing strategy that goes with these coasters are that they can be placed in any bar/restaurant that sells Greenall’s Gin and maybe the venue could put the cocktails on their drinks menu. Anyone who also downloads the Greenall’s Gin app will also be sent an email verification of their address and will be sent the four coasters that represent the seasons.
To get a further idea of how the app looks on screen, I created a ‘bar area’ scene to make it relevant to the app. The image just a blank photo of my iPhone, which I then created several mock ups in Photoshop to display the Greenall’s Cocktail application.
To get a taste of what the app is like it action, I wanted to use various different skills I have to show what my design looks like in action. The skills range from video editing skills within Premier Pro, filming on my new go pro and using the designs I created within Adobe Illustrator. I wanted to personally test each skill and use them within one piece of material.
As part of my feedback, it was discussed that the app was very text heavy. I came up with a ‘creative language’ to make my app more interactive for the user. The new designs are designed to make the app simple to use by simply clicking on the ‘ingredients’ and ‘method’ which then drop down below after clicking and to get to the next cocktail within the category i.e Winter, you simply just swipe left or right. Here are the new designs;
After several more days of designing and testing how colours work within app design I came up with the following designs below;
After having a tutorial with my tutor and peers I received from feedback after testing all of the designs. Most of the feedback was good with some minor changes i.e change around some of the cocktails as a couple of them don’t match the season. I also was told it was text heavy, which could be avoided by making the app more interactive for the user. Further designs are currently being created to solve these problems.